(First district in the country where two utilities have been allowed to build parallel network for distribution of power)
Consumers in the district have a choice of getting the electricity supplier of its choice between the State Electricity Board and JUSCO.
The Seraikela-Kharsawan district of Jharkhand is contiguous to JUSCO's service area of Jamshedpur. Under the provisions of Electricity Act 2003, JUSCO was granted a distribution licence in Dec' 2006 to distribute power by creating its own distribution network in the revenue district of Seraikela-Kharasawan.
Salient Features of the distribution system-
- Ring main distribution system for all HT Consumers which ensures that alternate source is available in case of outage of main source.
- N-1 operation of the main substation transformer to ensure that outage of one transformer at substation doesn’t lead to outage of power supply to consumers.
- Electronic Energy meters with historical load survey data for all consumers.
- 100% underground cable distribution and indoor switchgear for 11kV network to prevent failures related to falling of tree branches, lightening etc.
- 100% LT Distribution by insulated conductors, AB Cable ensures safety of people in the area and also avoid failures and revenue loss due to unauthorized tappings.
About Licensed area
Licensed Area - 2600 sq Kms.
Capital Investment - Rs. 100 Cr.
Expected Load by FY 2010-11
Power Demand : - 117 MVA
Energy Requirement: 311 MUs.