Adityapur Toll Bridge Company Limited (ATBCL) has entrusted JUSCO with Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) of Adityapur toll bridge over river Kharkai and approach roads on either side of the bridge. The project entails
- One 240 mtr. long, 4 lane (2 x 2 carriageway) bridge over river Kharkai
- One 41 mtr. Long, 4 lane (2 x 2 carriageway) bridge over Nallah, Adityapur side
- Pile foundations for both the bridges (1.2 meters diameter).
- The main bridge is of ‘composite’ type with concrete Piers and Deck slab supported on Steel Girders.
- Approach road on both sides measuring approximately 2.20 Km involving high embankment filling.
- 8 lane Toll Plaza with future provision for 2 more lanes for the main bridge.
JUSCO follows stringent measures to maintain high quality while execution. They can be summarized as follows
- Usage of Ready Mix Concrete from Automated Batching Plant
- Use of automated Submerged Arc Welding M/c for girder fabrication for defect free welding
- Use of Rotary Rig for piling
- Dynamic Load Testing of pile (PDA test method) to assess soundness and load bearing of piles.
While execution JUSCO maintains environment friendly practices by
- Using good earth inside river for temporary approach, coffer dams which is non polluting.
- Preparing alternate bathing areas for local community with approach paths, and maintaining segregation of the same by using bamboo mat/curtain.
- Use of Fly Ash for high embankment of approach roads