Jamshedpur Utilities & Services Company Limited (JUSCO) was awarded the “Mango Water Supply
Project” at Jamshedpur by Drinking Water & Sanitation Department (DW&SD) Ranchi, Government of
Jharkhand. The project was won by JUSCO based on an open tender, the bid for which was placed
against other Utilities service providers.
The “Groundbreaking Ceremony” of the project was performed on August 30, 2009 by His Excellency
Sri K Sankaranarayanan, Hon’ble Governor of Jharkhand. Other dignitaries present during the function
were Shri Arjun Munda, Hon’ble MP, Jamshedpur, Shri G Krishnan, Hon’ble Advisor to the Governor, Sri
Saryu Rai, MLA, Jamshedpur (West) and Sri B Muthuraman, MD, Tata Steel Limited, Mr H M Nerurkar,
Executive Director, India & South East Asia, Tata Steel Limited, Mr B L Raina, Chairman, JUSCO and
Mr Sanjiv Paul, MD, JUSCO. Local politicians and bureaucrats, Senior citizens, Heads of the Companies
of Tata Group, Union Officials and employees of Tata Steel & JUSCO were also present.
The Mango water supply scheme was commissioned by the Public Health Engineering Department,
Govt of Bihar, in the year 1984. The revised administrative approval of this scheme was accorded by the
Urban Development Department, Jharkhand Government which was followed a Contract agreement
signed on August 24, 2009.
With the project completion period of 24 months from the date of signing the agreement, the contract
value stands for Rs 64.18 crores and involves Operation and Maintenance (O&M) of six months from the
date of completion of the project.
The work entails JUSCO to Survey, Design & Construct Water Treatment Plant complete with Civil,
Mechanical & Electrical works under urban supply scheme on TURNKEY basis including six months of
O&M of this scheme.
The scope of work includes:
- RCC Intake Structure & Raw Water Pump House
- Supply & laying of Raw Water Rising Main of DI K-9 Pipe : 04.15 KM. of 700 mm
- Designing & Construction of WTP: 2 X 24 MLD capacity.
- Supply & laying of Clear Water Rising Main of DI K-9 pipe: 07.8 KM of sizes 250 mm to 500 mm.
- Designing & Construction of 5 nos. RCC Pure Water Sumps of 2.9 to 16.5 Lakh Ltrs Capacity
- Designing & Construction of 5 nos. RCC Elevated Service Reservoirs of 12.5 to 25 Lakh Ltrs
Capacity with pumping stations.
- Supply & laying of Distribution network of DI K-7 pipe: 148.67 KM, 100 mm to 800 mm.
This ambitious project, once completed will cater to the drinking water requirements of 1, 98,500 people
(Projected population 2009) from the Subernarekha river in and around Mango.